Thursday, March 7, 2013

Family Crisis

 Throughout life, we will all go through troubles. The Lord is going to judge you in the midst of them. The trials that we experience throughout life shape who we are.  In another talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf he explains that adversity will be inevitable. He encourages the young women to look at their favorite fairy tale. They will almost definitely see a trial before the princess receives her happily ever after. Thinking about this, there are going to be so many trials and tribulations in a marriage. It is important to realize that going into a marriage. I feel like so often we see young women going into marriage with the thought that their lives will suddenly be perfect. This is not the case. Stress that may occur as a newly married couple or just as a couple in general may include the following:

  1. Financial stress
  2. Loss of a loved one
  3. Abuse
  4. Relocation
  5. Communication
  6. Loss of jobs
I remember being about 11 years old, and my father got a new job and we had to move to another city four hours away where I would have no friends. The first year after we moved was the hardest for my family. However, we found that the event that we once found as a crisis, actually strengthened and improved our living and our relationship. Today, I am so grateful for that move. It has shaped me into who I am and I have met so many people who will eternally effect me. When we go through family trials, we need to know that there is a reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment